Re: Keyboard problem

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Keyboard problem
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 16:59:42 +0200

On 11.05.2012 13:56, Germán A. Arias wrote:
Each time I launch a gnustep app, I get this message:

Unable to initialize XIM, using standard keyboard events

So, If I type something like "á" on Ink, I get "A'a". Is this
something wrong on my configuration? or is a bug on gnustep?
Attached test log for base, where I have 5 test fail.

Most likely XIM is completely uninvolved here. Do you have a "á" key on your keyboard and this works correctly with other X applications? The first thing you could try is to deactivate XIM in the backend by specifying "--disable-xim" to configure. If things work after that, than it was the XIM code in GNUstep after all.

If the keys are still not recognized, you will have to debug process_key_event() in XGServerEvent.m. You can get a bit more verbose output from GNUstep by setting "--GNU-Debug=NSKeyEvent" on the command line of Ink. (BTW: Thank you for using Ink!)

Hope this helps
Fred