Re: "Modern" server socket programming?

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: "Modern" server socket programming?
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 18:45:29 +0100

On 08.01.2013, at 18:38, Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden> wrote:

Look at the code in gnustep-base (NSURLProtocol.m) for an example of using the NSStream based stuff to make an HTTP (or HTTPS) request to a remote system.

I don't have any demo/example code for a server, but to show it, I chopped out the key bits of a larger program:

For acting as a server, here's a snippet of code from an SMTP server showing creation of the server listening socket:

Excellent, thanks Richard!

I'll write another rant if it doesn't work as I expect it. ;-)

Cheers,

  Marcus

--
Marcus Müller  .  .  .  http://www.mulle-kybernetik.com/znek/