Re: Pixen 0.1 Compiles OK (lot of warnings of course) Starts Up and Imme

From: Luboš Doležel
Subject: Re: Pixen 0.1 Compiles OK (lot of warnings of course) Starts Up and Immediately Crashes
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 09:19:34 +0100

Dne 25. ledna 2013 6:11:24 Abhi Beckert <address@hidden> napsal:
On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 10:16 PM, Luboš Doležel <address@hidden> wrote:

> I tried to make the current binary work with GNUstep, but it needs the
> WebKit.framework:
>
> $ dyld Contents/MacOS/Pixen
>
> Cannot load @loader_path/../Frameworks/**Sparkle.framework/Versions/A/**Sparkle: > Cannot load /System/Library/Frameworks/**WebKit.framework/Versions/A/**WebKit:
> File not found: /System/Library/Frameworks/**WebKit.framework/Versions/A/*
> *WebKit
>
> WebKit.framework seems to be a hell of an API to reimplement...

Is it only Sparkle that needs WebKit? Sparkle is an open source (see
GitHub) framework for downloading/crypto-analysing/installing new versions
of an app. It only uses WebKit to render release notes.
- Abhi

I definitely see CoreGraphics calls, UTType* calls, CoreAnimation calls, QTKit calls. But the WebKit functions actually don't seem to be used in the main binary, this dynamic linker reference seems extraneous (--as-needed would remove it).

It is very sad that projects corebase or opal don't yet integrate well with base/gui :-(
--
Luboš Doležel