Re: display problem on x86-64bit / cairo

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: display problem on x86-64bit / cairo
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:02:24 +0100

On 30.01.2013 09:39, David Chisnall wrote:
I don't see this behaviour with r36030.  When I update to the latest
svn (r36036), I see a huge number of compiler warnings from
mismatched types in method declarations and definitions.  It seems
that a lot of changes to headers were committed, but not the
corresponding changes to the implementations, so you're going to end
up with a lot of mismatched call frames.

Didn't you want to join in for this NSInteger/NSUInteger/CGFloat cleanup? That way things would go a lot faster. Just one person ploughing through all of GNUstep gui code will take weeks if not months. If we all worked together this could be over in less than a week.

Interestingly with gcc I don't get any new compiler warning. And as far as I am aware I changed all the method implementations where I changed the interface. This is of course not true for subclasses. You might be getting the warnings there. Otherwise this is really serious and I should know about it.

Fred