Re: Android NDK - libobjc2

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Android NDK - libobjc2
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 11:37:28 +0200

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 9:06 AM, David Chisnall <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Ivan,

First, one caveat: ARM exceptions are still broken with LLVM, so should be careful.  Also, Clang 3.1 doesn't emit objc_msgSend() on ARM (or, at all, I think) for the GNUstep runtime, so you will get bigger / slower code than with Clang 3.2.

Thanks for the info. That's alright for now; NDK shipping with any build of clang is already an enormous improvement over being forced to build clang every time one wants to build Android binaries.

For the patch, is it fixed by adding an explicit cast to pthread_mutex_t in INIT_LOCK()?

Yes, it does.

I've taken the liberty of committing the patch. Feel free to beat me with a stick if I did something wrong ;)

--
Ivan Vučica - address@hidden