Re: Arrow of NSMenu

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Arrow of NSMenu
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 12:16:53 +0200

Hi Eric,

thanks for looking at this again.

On 04/06/13 21:51, Eric Wasylishen wrote:

I committed a more radical redesign that is much cleaner, I think.
Pasting my changelog comment:

        I removed the step in theme activation where we call
        +[NSImage _setImagePath:name:] on each image in the theme, and instead
        modified +[NSImage _pathForImageNamed:] to also search the theme images
        directory.

        When a GSTheme activates now, it only calls +[NSImage
_reloadCachedImages]
        which checks all NSImage cached by name and reloads any whose path has
        changed.
If I modify manually my theme by adding the Image in the ThemeImages resources, it works now fine, i t loads and unloads perfectly and the menu gets updated. Very nice!

When i try to change the theme in Thematic I get a crash, but I will open a separate thread, I still am unsure if it is a Thematic bug (but I don't see how this is image is treated differently there) or a problem with the new change, for sure it did nto happen before (but it did not work either).

My only worry is whether this will break the GTK or windows themes. IIRC they
replace the NSImage class and override +imageNamed:, so I think they'll still
work.
The Windows theme was already broken since months and it did not load images at all, I will test it though soon.

Riccardo