Re: [RFC] Cambridge Hackathon

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: [RFC] Cambridge Hackathon
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 14:38:23 +0200

On 16. 4. 2013., at 14:14, David Chisnall <address@hidden> wrote:

> If you're coming from Germany, you have two other choices, depending on where
> you are.  If you can take the Eurostar, it arrives in Kings Cross, so you
> just change there and go straight to Cambridge.  Alternatively, you may be
> able to fly into London Stansted, which is not too far from Cambridge.  There
> are busses and trains, which take a similar amount of time (again, the bus
> arrives closer to the city centre than the train).

I didn't want to chime in too much, because it's very doubtful that my finances
would permit attendance (similar to why I didn't go to FOSDEMs).

But, if I participate in GSoC (I'll write another mail on that) and depending
on GSoC's payment schedule, or alternatively if a magic fairy spawns some cash
under my pillow, I might attend.

I haven't traveled outside Croatia at all, so some of the questions are bound
to be silly.

Does anyone have some tips on coming to Cambridge from Croatia as cheaply as
possible?

Also, from July 1st Croatia is in EU (or so they say). Does anyone know what's
the visa regime when it comes to UK? Do I need a passport?

--
Ivan Vučica
address@hidden - http://ivan.vucica.net/