Re: Wrong order when process some events

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Wrong order when process some events
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 12:42:48 -0600

On 2013-08-30 05:26:12 -0600 Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think at least I understand now what is happening here. For me this
> happens when I activate the colour panel by clicking on the text field.
> That way the cursor for the text view seems to get set twice (or rather
> three times), but gets popped once less.

I has noticed this. Sometimes this occurs because NSWindows update
the cursor for a rectangle that has been discarded, as I explained
previously. In other cases the cursor is updated when the rectangle get
the focus (NSCursorUpdate) but also when the user move the mouse
(NSMouseMoved). So this sets two i-beam cursors.

>There is an additional problem
> with text fields as the text view as we seem to get the events here in a
> surprising order. I need to look into this for some more time.

Germán.