Re: Debugging on Linux with non-fragile ABI?

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: Debugging on Linux with non-fragile ABI?
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 11:30:21 +0100

> Am 18.11.2019 um 10:12 schrieb Frederik Seiffert <address@hidden>:
>
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> We’re running into very similar issues debugging using lldb with the GNUstep
> Android toolchain, which is using the modern (v2) ABI. Have you been able to
> get any further with this?

Obviously, I haven't got much further.
But to alleviate the greatest pain I've hacked together a few gdb macros to
inspect an object's instance variables (see the attached gdbinit).
The macro print_ivars recursively prints the IVars of the object (or class)
given as first arguments and the macros pivi, pivl, pivp, pivo print the value
of an instance variable as an int, long, void * or as object (using po) when
given the address of an object and the offset of the respective instance
variable.
Just copy the attached file into the working directory and then use
  source gdbinit
to load the commands. Or copy the contents into ~/.gdbinit to make them
available globally.

Wolfgang