Re: crash when using local display but not remote

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: crash when using local display but not remote
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 10:09:04 +0100

HI Sergii

On 1/25/20 12:13 AM, cobjective wrote:
Give more information, please.
Why do you think it’s art backend? Did you try other backends/compiler/linker?
What are your build options (runtime, library combo, compiler, linker)?

P.S.: Does it mean you can build art backend without ftfont-old.m (with my
changes to art)?

yes it means that the art backend builds without ftfont-old.m - so I just approved your changes

Since everything works /displays when the display is exported to another computer, it is a strange issue, but I guess not font-related, since art backend always uses the "original" client font, not the server's fonts.

The Debian version used is old... and is even a small "mix" of packages made to work years ago on that minimal netbook, upgrading now is due to kernel issues (although maybe Nikolaus makes progress, thanks to the CI20 board!) impossible.

The runtime is gcc's one and it is some gcc 4 series, cpu is MIPS little-endian.. so I doubt you have an "i386" machine with that stuff.

I will perform some further tests

Riccardo