Re: FreeBSD - no luck with libobjc2

From: Johannes Brakensiek
Subject: Re: FreeBSD - no luck with libobjc2
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 19:18:19 +0200

Hello Riccardo,

On 13 Apr 2020, at 17:01, Wolfgang Lux wrote:

I've never used ccmake, but I'm using cmake directly in the way suggested in the INSTALL file: cmake -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=clang -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=clang++ -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo ..
and then I don't try to touch the cmake configuration in any way.

I don’t know if I already mentioned it (;)), but there is a very good tutorial from Andreas Fink on how to build GNUstep using clang under FreeBSD: http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Building_GNUstep_under_Debian_FreeBSD

If you compile these instruction into a script (targeting Debian) you get a script like this one:
https://github.com/plaurent/gnustep-build/blob/master/debian-10-clang-8.0/GNUstep-20-buildon-debian10.sh

I think the one targeting FreeBSD could look quite similar. ;)

Happy easter and good luck
Johannes