Re: GNUstep releases this month?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GNUstep releases this month?
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 22:48:52 +0100

> Am 18.01.2021 um 16:46 schrieb Ivan Vučica <ivan@vucica.net>:
>
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 10:55 AM Richard Frith-Macdonald
> <richard@frithmacdonald.me.uk> wrote:
>>> On 16 Jan 2021, at 19:50, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> I updated the required files and also increased the version number in both
>>> gui and back. I think we normally do this right after a release, but this
>>> time I forgot about it. So for these two modules we are theoretically ready
>>> for a release.
>>
>> I think the base library is functionally OK, but I need to get ChangeLog
>> updated from the git logs, and it turns out there is no tool that does a
>> good job of this so it may take me a day or two.
>
> Thank you, Fred and Richard. Since Yavor said we'll miss the train
> anyway, I won't rush; I'll probably do my part of the work over the
> upcoming weekend.

I just added the new entries for news.texi for GNUstep make. While doing so I
stated the upcoming release as 2.9.0 but giving it the number 2.8.1 would also
be fine with me. There are only minor changes for this release. If you decide
on a different number please remember to fix that file.

Hope that makes your work easier,
Fred