gnustep-webmasters

Re: Fate of gnustep.us

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: Fate of gnustep.us
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 15:07:21 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Adam Fedor wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2004, at 11:45 AM, Chris B. Vetter wrote:
> >
> > While talking about that with Alex Perez on IRC, he suggested to ask
> > whether you may be interested to take over the pages and databases and
> > run the site as something like http://news.gnustep.org/.
> >
> > Both sites, www.gnustep.us and wiki.gnustep.us, use PHP-Nuke as front-
> > and MySQL as backend.
> >

> Sounds like a fine idea to me, although I'm not sure we could keep it
> up the way you did.

My vision of news.gnustep.org is that it would be something that anyone
could "submit" stories/news to, and then have the web team (me?) or
another trusted delegate be responsible for "authorizing" news articles.

> It's up to Manuel, though, to decide if he can handle hosting that
> stuff, though.

Manuel, can you? If not, I *MIGHT* be able to host it, albiet on a rather
slow connection.

Cheers,
Alex Perez