gnuzilla-dev

gnuzilla.git's `master' branch fast-forwarded to 68

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: gnuzilla.git's `master' branch fast-forwarded to 68
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 21:58:18 -0400

Hi all,

I just fast-forwarded gnuzilla.git's `master' branch to the tip of the
68 branch, meaning that it now includes all of the work we put into the
(unreleased) 68 version.  We will likely not be spending any significant
amount of time working on the 68 version; but will skip it and start
work on 78.

I will be making a series of changes and clean-ups to our makeicecat
script on `master' as we are about to begin work on 78.  The development
for IceCat 78 will take place on `master'; and the `68' branch will be
kept for historical purposes and in case upstream decides to make
another point release in the 68 series which we may need to react to.

If the above strategy works out well, we will use it for future major
version releases too: the main work for an upcoming release will happen
on `master', until such time that we decide that we should direct our
focus to the new major version, at which point we will create a branch
for the current major release which might still see bug fixes from
upstream, while we work on `master' to prepare for the incoming major
release.

@Mark, up to you to decide whether you would like to fast-forward my
upcoming changes on `master' to the 68 branch and include them in the
Guix package, or just leave 68 be, with as few changes as possible
(besides bumping versions in case there's a new point release upstream).