gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] Re: dyn linking with c++

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] Re: dyn linking with c++
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 06:53:17 +0000

Hi Mirko and all,

On Mittwoch, 12. Februar 2003 21:32, Mirko Caserta wrote:
> This is mainly for Matt:
>
> I've fixed a couple things in the library + sample you commited yesterday.

:)

> As pointed out by JP, when compiling c++ dyn libs, you need to declare the
> symbols as extern "C" because of name mangling due to g++.

aaah, great. I was sure that i forgot "something" ;)
Thanks for finding and fixing.

> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/C++-dlopen/thesolution.html
>
> Update your cvs and test it!

perfect.

btw:
I am thinking of re-creating the gomd-project manually too.
As i experienced there are a lot of advantages to have something
like "autoproject" or an automatic created kdeveloper project but
to my mind there are 3 main disadvantages:
- we are not so flexible in how the "things" should be compiled
 because of predetermined Makefile structure.
- there are (maybe) problems with diffrent "automake/autoconf" version
  as i experienced from openMosixview
- there are a lot of files (generated from autoproject or kdeveloper)
  which are not source files. They are not changing.

.... so i made the suggestion to use this automatic generated kdeveloper
project and now i would like to change it ;)
My idea is to re-create the "gomd" files+Makefile manually and make it link
against the "libgomd".

...........and for sure we can use both of the manual generated project
in every editor or/and kdevelop. e.g. i can/will generate kdeveloper
project files for the manual created project.

Any comments are welcome ;)

> Ciao, Mirko

<snip>

many thanks + all the best,

Matt
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

A physicist is an atom's way of knowing about atoms.