gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] Re: more thoughts

From: Mirko Caserta
Subject: [gomd-devel] Re: more thoughts
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:40:53 +0100

> aaah, great. I was sure that i forgot "something" ;)
> Thanks for finding and fixing.

You're welcome. You should really say thanks to JP since he pointed me to
the right howto :)

btw

I was thinking about avoiding all the problems related to g++ name
mangling writing the library in pure C. To me it makes more sense writing
the library in C and using it in the daemon which will be written in c++.

After all, all libgomd should do is reading some files from the /proc
interface which probably is not going to need to involve the complexities
of OOP.

What do you think?

> I am thinking of re-creating the gomd-project manually too.

You're on your own on this field. I've always had a bad relationship with
autoconf/automake :) By the way you pointed out good thoughts to which I
agree.

> ...........and for sure we can use both of the manual generated project
> in every editor or/and kdevelop. e.g. i can/will generate kdeveloper
> project files for the manual created project.

I agree. Each of us uses his own editor/IDE of choice. For instance, I use
Netbeans which has a quite good c/c++ support. It has a memory footprint
of about 200MBs but with my 512MB RAM I can afford it :)

Ciao, Mirko.

--
Keyboard error. Press F1 to continue.