gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] A new (small) idea...

From: Gian Paolo Ghilardi
Subject: [gomd-devel] A new (small) idea...
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 20:27:32 +0100

Hi all..

This is a simple way about a small new feature for oM:
"process-migration-tracing".

-If a new process pops up non node #1:  it creates the file
/proc/hpc/nodes/PID/trace and add the node id (value is "->#1")
- If the process is migrated on node #7:  it appends a line into its file
(value is "->#7")
- And so on...

- File is read-only.
- Feature can be (de)activated.

Pro:
- Admins can know where a process is
- Find "black holes": nodes where all the migrated procs do SIGSEG.

Cons:
- On huge clusters this feature is heavy-weight...

I'd like to know your opinions about this idea.
Should we add this feature into gomd library or directly into the oM code?

Bye.

<JP>