gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] first openMosix methods

From: Ramon Pons Vivanco
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] first openMosix methods
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 01:33:22 +0100

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 20:46:33 +0000, Matthias Rechenburg wrote:

        Hi boys !

> just want to let you know that i updated the gomd cvs
> with some first openMosix related methods.

Great !

> The current (alpha) version is coneptionel working ok
> but the main process exits after the first client connection :|
> ... i did not fully investigate this problem yet.
> Maybe someone of you can look into it too.
> We need to have an "endless daemon loop" "somewhere" ;)

The problem was a segfault while calling gomd destructor
gomd::~gomd() (Temporary fixed in CVS)

BTW, better than creating N specific function for each proc
entry/value we could implement something like:

string getProcEntry(string procfile);

For example ....
myuptime=getProcEntry("uptime");
will return the vale contents of the file "/proc/uptime".

myversion=getProcEntry("version");
will return /proc/version value, something like
"Linux version 2.4.20 (address@hidden) (gcc version 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian
prerelease)) #4 Sun Dec 1 12:02:35 CET 2002"

--
 .''`.                Why is a cow? Mu. (Ommmmmmmmmm)
: :' :

then you win.                                    -- Mahatma Gandhi