gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] about the gomd+libgomd

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: [gomd-devel] about the gomd+libgomd
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 19:48:36 +0000

Hi my friends,

just want to let you know some thoughts:

port config:
We should have a "well known" port which should also
go into the /etc/services file during installation.
Nothing speaks again the current default port 9889.

gomd-shell:
I really like the OM-Infoserver shell :) and i would
like to have "something" like that in the gomd too.
Currently we already have a small shell with a menu
where you can choose e.g. 1 for openMosix ID, 2 for load,...
.. 0 for exit.
The libgomd-methods will use this socket too and "put"
the requested command into the gomd-shell. Then the
gomd will answer and the libgomd-method will return
the requested value.
To my mind nothing speaks against plain numbers.
Maybe we should have a "map-file" which maps all
numbers to the return values (something like the ERRNOS)
How does the OM-Infoserver handles this ?

all the best,

Matt
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

Don't blame Linux or Oracle btw - Just look at the thing sitting 30cm from
the screen ;-) ha ha!