gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] Stuff to monitor

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] Stuff to monitor
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:23:06 +0000

Hi Johnny ;)

On Montag, 3. März 2003 06:46, address@hidden wrote:
> Heya Matt
> Hows openmosixview? Ive decided to actually install
> my own little oM cluster at home to be able to develop
> more on this. Hopefully ill get that done pretty soon.

Great, hehe.

> Ive sepnt > 2 days trying to fix my windows install so
> i can do some homework that needs it. *sigh*

;P

> I was wondering if you guys have any other ideas on what to monitor?
> i mean, everything in /proc + uptime seems good. Is there anything
> significant that /proc doesnt cover?

To my mind /proc covers mostly everything needed to monitor.

> Also, i was curious about the ability to run command through gomd?
> I considered making mosstatd more generalized and perhaps able to handle
> scenarios like this but instead i opted for the exteremly simple model
> of jsut sending out a fixed structure every interval. I did this to
> keep any possibility of remote exploits of mosstatd at bay. if it never
> issues a read() it cant possibly read in malicious data. Anyway, i just
> hope you keep things like that in mind. While i do think that gomd will

we will give our best.

> defintely have to take on a more complicated model than mosstatd, i hope
> that the ability to execute commands remotely is defintely easy to turn
> off (perhaps by default)

by config-file.

> Anyway i hope to have my little cluster up by this weekend.
> Wish me luck in that regard

yep, good luck + fun to you

> -Jc

many greets,

Matt
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

We don't know who it was that discovered water, but we're pretty sure
that it wasn't a fish.            <°\\\\><
        -- Marshall McLuhan