gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] Agreement on Friday night

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] Agreement on Friday night
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 07:38:39 +0000

Hi Johnny,

On Samstag, 8. März 2003 19:13, address@hidden wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Heya matt, i think that a getmeanload fuction would be useful but probably
> better off in libgomd. Im a bit confused about your remark, one obvious
> example of an instance when a 'getallload' call would want to get the
> invdividual load of every node is 3dmosmon refreshing its view. You didnt

ok, i now understand what it is worth for ;) and for sure agree with it.
thx.

> mean to imply that 'getalload' should jsut return the mean do you?

this is what i misunderstand. The getallload return the values for all nodes.
(and not the mean load)

There should be also another function getmeanload which will return
the mean-load of the cluster....... and to my mind this calculation should be
in the gomd and not in the libgomd. I just wanted to mention that we should
have most of the calculation work in the gomd and just provide results in
the libgomd methods. A lot of calculation work in the libgomd methods can
slow down the developers GUI later.

> Best Regards
> -Jc
<snip>