gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] Agreement on Friday night

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] Agreement on Friday night
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 07:49:48 +0000

Hi Mirko,

On Sonntag, 9. März 2003 23:07, Mirko Caserta wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 07:38:39 +0000
>
> address@hidden (Matthias Rechenburg) wrote:
> > this is what i misunderstand. The getallload return the values for all
> > nodes.(and not the mean load)
> >
> > There should be also another function getmeanload which will return
> > the mean-load of the cluster....... and to my mind this calculation
> > should be in the gomd and not in the libgomd. I just wanted to mention
> > that we should have most of the calculation work in the gomd and just
> > provide results in the libgomd methods. A lot of calculation work in
> > the libgomd methods can slow down the developers GUI later.
>
> Yep, I agree with you Matt. There should be a GET MEANLOAD command or
> something like that implemented in gomd in order to have an as light as
> possible client (monitoring GUI).
>
> And, about the nodes' ranges, it's for selective cluster monitoring. Say
> you want to monitor only certain nodes... you could say something like:
>
> GET LOAD 1-4,6,9-12
>
> and filter the monitoring status only for nodes 1,2,3,4,6,9,10,11,12.
> That's it. It might be useful for very large clusters.

agree :)

> I guess Gian Paolo and Massimo are already hacking the daemon since we
> all agreed to start from implementing its TCP-based interface to the
> client, right? ;)

hehe, hope so.

> Ciao, Mirko.
>
> PS: how's your wife now?

she is a bit better now. She is really busy (too ;) and had
to go to work today again. Currently she is preparing
a very serious project about water hygiene.

have a nice day,

Matt
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

# make sense
make: don't know how to make sense. Stop