gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] libgomd: added support for real node-load-values.

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] libgomd: added support for real node-load-values.
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:30:53 +0200

Hi JP,

On Sonntag 30 März 2003 23:56, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I worked a little on the libgomd files.

thx :)

> This release can read _real_ LOAD values for a specific node (please type a
> node number at the command line. If you don't type anything, the program
> searches load value for node #1).

yep, i looked over the sources and it looks very well ............
.........but there won't be a

        int readFile(const char* fileName, int nodeNumber, int *value)

method in the libgomd at all ;) sorry.

The libgomd does not read from /proc in any case !
It reads from the gomd socket.
So this method has to :
-connect to the configured gomd (from config-file)
-request information (e.g. GET LOAD 1)
-the gomd will read from /proc
 and return the read value to the socket
-the libgomd method will get the returned load value

Even more : the libgomd must not read from /proc/hpc at all because
/proc/hpc won't  be there on a non-openMosix system running a openMosix
monitor using libgomd. The client application later can run on any kernel,
not only an openMosix kernel.
As discussed the only "one" which reads from /proc/hpc is the gomd (daemon)
which answers queries from the libgomd methods.

> Main changes:
> (+) added libgomdconsts.hpp header file (with some constants. Thanks Matt).

mmhmm, there is no need for /proc constants in libgomd at all as explained.

....... at least it is how i see it. Please feel free to correct me anytime.
I am open for discussion and if there should be a good reason for it ok.
Maybe we have to irc again ;)

> (+) reworked the read mechanism of previous Matt's files. readFile()
> function uses std ANSI C buffered file functions:
> fopen()/fscanf()/fclose(). (+) added the destructor call in client.cpp.
>
> Web-based CVS direct page:
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gomd/gomd/unstable/libgomd/curre
>n t/
>
> As usual, I'm waitin' for your comments and tests... :)
>
> Bye.
>
> <JP>

howdy,

Matt
........ hey JP ;) i do not want to bother you at all.
Your coding is appreciated and the dyn-lib stuff is really cool already.
We just have to fixed + discuss the conceptional issues a bit more i think.
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

If you cannot convince them, confuse them.