gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] Major update!!!

From: Mirko Caserta
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] Major update!!!
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:33:36 +0100

> we reworked out libgomd.
> Now it can be linked also by pure C users (using static linking)
> and has some minor bugfixes.

Great job guys. I'm gonna check it out tonight if I have the time.
I'm a bit in trouble here at work and I guess I have to find myself
another job ASAP.

> We added the binaries (.app, .so) for testing purposes.

Good to hear. Please, remember to "add" binary files using the -kb
option in CVS, ie:

$ cvs add -kb myapp.bin myicon.gif
$ cvs commit myapp.bin myicon.gif

This is because CVS is supposed to work with source files (ASCII text)
and does funny things to binary files, unless you tell it to treat
the file as binary with the -kb modifier.

> P.S. Now CVS works on Max's laptop too!!! YEAH!!! :)

He he. Good to hear. Keep up with the good job boys!

Ciao, Mirko.

PS: for Matt - "distinti saluti" is very formal in italian :) it's
almost like "Best Regards" in english. I'd say to my italian friends:
"Ciao ragazzi" which stands for "See you boys".

It's funny to see how free/open-source sw development breaks national
borders. Thanks to Matt, I've understood "the hard way" that "zeile"
in german is the equivalent of "line" or "row" :)

So, my personal German vocabulary is basically formed of:

- eine
- zwei
- zeile
- verboten
- achtung
- frei
- ja
- nein
- noch etwas, die von Google automatisch übersetzt werden können ;-)

Ciao ragazzi! ;-)