gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] .plan

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] .plan
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 09:17:33 +0200

Ciao JP,

On Dienstag 01 April 2003 01:06, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Max And I are keepin' on codin'...

:)

> ASAP we'll modify the getLoad() function in libgomd as Matt said.

good

> So:
> - ligomd: will have get[Info] functions via the "netcode" (TCPStreams)
> - gomd:  will have get[Info] functions reading the values directly by
> /proc/hpc interface (we'll move here the code already built).

yes ! :)

just btw:
please could you commit your code directly into the main

unstable/gomd/gomd
+
unstable/libgomd

directories ?
Just overwrite those files there with your (much better) versions.
If there should be the need to restore some older versions we can
do this by cvs commands (cvs keeps the diffs). So there is no need
for a "current" dir (to my mind).
In cvs it is quite hard to remove existing directories again (as i know).

> Max is working on the parser so a client will be able to ask something like
> getLoad("1-10;27") to a gomd daemon.

yep

> In the meantime, I'll read the commoncpp docs to design some simple APIs
> for the netcode.

enjoy

> Some hints for the netcode?
> What kind of API would you like?
>
> I'd like to create something like two (or more) hidden netcode APIs like:
> - int sendRequest (const char* request);
> - char* receiveAnswer();

sure, create what you need for the netcode.

> (these functions are "hidden" because a programmer will be allowed to see
> only high-level APIs like get[INFO]() functions)

exactly :)
We can have "hidden" functions/methods (low level netcode API's) as much as
we want/need. The later developer will only "see" + use the high-level API's
as you mentioned correctly.

> Waitin' for reply... :)

do not stop ;)

> Bye.