gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] Gomd files committed to CVS

From: Gian Paolo Ghilardi
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] Gomd files committed to CVS
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:57:05 +0200

Hi Matt.

> I am again/still a bit busy but i really want to care about to change
> the interface betweend gomd<->libgomd soon. As discussed
> we won't use the "numbering-menu" any more but requests like
> "GET LOAD 1".
> So it is really good to have a bunch of methods in the gomd already
> for creating/adjusting this interface.

I'm working on...

> To my mind we are not so far away from the "first useable alpha version"
> (not release ;)
> We just need to "connect" the libgomd to the gomd and we will have a lot
> of methods to use already.
> If this is done it will be easy to enhance (to my mind)
Sure.

> > Suggestions are welcome. :)
>
> :) good work JP, thanks for coding.
> here are my current suggestions what needs to be done:
>
> - removing the int readFile and /proc related stuff from the libgomd.
> - adjusting the libgomd Makefile to link the libgomd also against
>   the commoncpp (needed for using the same socket mechanism as gomd)
> - creating a first "real" getload method which
>    1) reads to which gomd to connect to from config-file
>       (can be static for first testings)
>    2) opens a socket to the gomd
>    3) requests e.g. "GET LOAD 1"
>    4) receives the value from the gomd using the socket connection
>     (just like the c++ strings by << and >>)
>    5) returns the value

Uhm... Now I'm working on gomd...
Libgomd is "W.I.P." for Max... :)))

>    Maybe 1) + 2) can be static "libgomd" objects which are only
>    read/created once !?
>    3) can be using our current simple menu-numbering for first testing
>     e.g. request "3" (for load).
>
> - adjust the menu-interface from the gomd to the
>    libgomd "GET/SET [something] [node-id]"  requests
>
> - We will need a kind of "parser" in the gomd for parsing the requests
>   from the libgomd-methods. It should split the request in e.g.
>   a) GET or SET (request or comand)
>   b) Option (what to GET or SET)
>   c) node-ID or node-range

Max is working on the parser for libgomd.
As Max will finish it, I'll merge it also in the gomd sources.

> > Byez.
> >
> > PS: in next release I'll put also the docs (auto)generated via Doxygen.
>
> i noticed the "format-changes" in the sources and i really like those
> automatic documentation system. Good idea which saves and
> will save a lot of time.
> ..... will hope to get my source-format adapted to the Doxygen.
> Hit me if not ;)

Doxygen supports a lot of comment tags.
But the Javadoc style is the more readable, IMHO.

> > I'm working to support all the infos avaiulable on "our" site on
Savannah.

> nice
>

> > <rejected>
>
> btw: try the new version of the "wmomload" !!
> Use it with the "-w" switch on "non-windowmaker" window-managers.
> It is small + coool !

Ok... I'll check out, ASAP.

> all the best,
>
> Matt