gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] FIX: fixed remote connection failure

From: Mirko Caserta
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] FIX: fixed remote connection failure
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 20:52:49 +0200

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:58:26 +0200
"Gian Paolo Ghilardi" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Now I need a quick system to get the local IP: commoncpp libs have no method
> to get the real IP.

Probably a command line option will do. If you have multiple eth cards, you
should have a way to tell the daemon on which address it should listen to
anyway, right?

I suggest command line options like:

$ ./gomd --ip-address 123.123.123.123
$ ./gomd --local-ip-address 123.123.123.123
$ ./gomd --listen-on 123.123.123.123
$ ./gomd --bind-to 123.123.123.123
$ ./gomd --ip 123.123.123.123
$ ./gomd -a 123.123.123.123

You take the one you like more ;) and I'm quite sure you'll opt for the -a
because it's short and lazy programmers love short options ;P

By the way, installing gomd on a very large cluster could be a major hassle
because of this so, I think, in the /proc filesystem you have some weird file
you can use to grab the ip address bound to ethernet cards. I've tried and have
a look in there but no luck yet. Matt, any suggestion? Should we ask Alan Cox
or look at the ifconfig source files? ;)

Or we could probably have a look at the /proc/hpc filesystem and discover
there's a /proc/hpc/self/ip_address or something like that. You know what I
mean...

Ciao, Mirko.
--
WOULD YOU LIKE TO LOSE WEIGHT WHILE YOU SLEEP?
                -- spam message from "Brice Mccabe"