gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] Ciao from Matt

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: [gomd-devel] Ciao from Matt
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 12:53:45 +0200

Ciao my friends,

just want to let you know that i will be out for about a week
on a business travel. Won't be able to test or work on the code
this time but i will be still reachable by mail.

As i reviewed the cvs the latest changes were well done mostly
by busy-JP  :) The range-stuff is good.
Hope we will be soon able to connect the first libgomd-methods
to the gomd. We have to discuss the config issue for
the libgomd e.g. the libgomd object has to be created using
an ip address from the gomd-node to connect to.
As soon as i found some time i will try to care about a first
testing-implementation for the libgomd.

enjoy,

Matt
btw for Mirko ;)
about the openMosix rpm packages you built :
thx again and sorry that i still do not tested them yet.
I have problems to test especially the kernel.rpm because
i am using some diskless cluster setup for my development
here. So i am more flexible in my testing-config.
This makes it nearly impossible to use the kernel from
any kernel.rpm because my kernels here needed to be
compiled with diffrent and funny config ;)
Anyways i am running the latest openMosix-kernel here
from the cvs and when your rpms install fine the kernel
should work as expected too.

the next btw: ;)
I am just setting up an openMosix LXR here (private + local).
Very usefull !
We had a public one in the past but it disappeared sometimes ago.
Mirko, what do you think of having an new LXR for openMosix
on your webserver (just an idea, feel free to ignore ;)

...why i do not put it on my server ?
good question, the updating + indexing of new sources are quite
cpu-intensive and on the openMosixview.web there is some
more other stuff running which i do not want to affect. It is a server
from a friend of mine so i do not want to "bother" him with
even more cpu-load from a lxr-engine.

.... anyways just a idea ;) have fun
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

"Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly."
(Batman Costume warning label)