gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] Some problems...

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] Some problems...
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 14:31:31 +0200

Hey JP,

On Sonntag 18 Mai 2003 14:00, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm working on gom2gomd comms.
> But I've two main problem to be discussed.
>
> 1)Each node must have its own gomd? If the answer is no, how can we get

yes, each node runs the full regular gomd.
the libgomd -applications can be configured to use one of them.
No matter which exactly. The gomd which was connected will
handle all value-gathering and calculating by itself and give
back the resulting values to the libgomd-methods.
So we can keep it dezentralized.

> extra informations from a configured node without gomd?
> Each node has a kind of slave program (like collectors in Matt's great
> oMView)?
>
> 2)I need a way to get the IP of a node without calling mosctl or any other
> binary file.
> I've just read mosctl.c code and I've also tried to use its code but... it
> doesn't work.
> BTW, I cannot understand clearly how it gets the IP from a oM nodeID: it
> returns the content of the variable resp, but this variable often is not
> filled!
> Please, search D_MOSIX_TO_IP to get the code I'm refererring to.

look at :
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/openmosix/userspace-tools/autodiscovery/openmosix.c?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
and search for :calculate_nodeid(const struct in_addr *addr)

i am sure this will help you ;)

> Thanks.
>
> Byez.
>
> <rejected>

<snip>

all the best,

Matt
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

"Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional."