gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] Survey about removing flex

From: Mirko Caserta
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] Survey about removing flex
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 00:34:08 +0200

On Sat, 17 May 2003 21:09:05 +0200
"Gian Paolo Ghilardi" <address@hidden> wrote:

> We've only a few options to be handled: about 6/7.
> So I'd like to replace flex code with something simpler (maybe in C++).
>
> Opinions?

Well, since Ramon is silent from a few months, we could take advantage of this
moment to replace the flex stuff ;P

Seriously though, JP, do what you feel more comfortable to work with. After all
the whole project's code base is being written by you so I trust your choices
in this field. I think the flex code was introduced by Ramon mainly because he
wanted to play with it. I like flex too. It's a stable, well reviewed piece of
software and most of the people in the free-software community know it. But if
it is going to make you feel like you're using something you're not comfortable
with, I'd tell you to just drop it and replace it with whatever you like more.

Ciao, Mirko.