gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] After the huge CVS cleanup -> cppclient example now wor

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] After the huge CVS cleanup -> cppclient example now works
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 08:21:43 +0200

Hey JP,

On Donnerstag 22 Mai 2003 03:10, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> Hi all.
>

> ###  FINALLY WE DID THE CLEANUP! ###
> First of all, my congrats to Mirko and Matt for the huge cleanup!

hehehe, what a night ;)

> Thanks guys, now I feel "clean" (like the CVS). :)))
>

> ###  CPPCLIENT EXAMPLE: HOW TO TEST IT ###
> I've fixed the cppclient example.
> Checkout "lib" directory, please.
>
> lib -> contains the code for libgomd library
> lib/examples -> contains a simple c++ client using the libgomd library
> (with brand-new Makefile :))) )
> NOTE: please notice the client includes the interface file directly from
> parent directory (so library and client will use the _same_ file exactly as
> they should do).
>
> To test the code, after the checkout, you have only to enter your local CVS
> and:
> 1)move to lib and type "make" at the shell
> 2)move to lib/examples and type "make" at the shell
> 3)execute ./cppclient.app in lib/examples
> NOTE: please notice the client searches the library directly from the
> parent folder :)

GREAT, will test soon. thx a lot ..... did you sleep at all ?
..... will read more about the shared-lib stuff, hehehe

> ### NEW CVS STRUCTURE AFTER THE CLEANUP ###
> after huge cleanup, these are the two main directories
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gomd/gomd/daemon/ for gomd
> (daemon)
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gomd/gomd/lib/ for libgomd
> (library)

yep

> ### MAINTAINERSHIPS ###
> Before shutting down my pc, I'd like to define maintainerships.
> - Matt (openmosixview) will be libgomd maintainer and official spokesman in
> meetings/...

agree + commit

> - I (rejected) will bethe daemon maintainer

... + hacker ;P

> - Mirko is site maintainer, diagrams' guru, great developer, public
> relations, project spokesman, and so on... :)))

... and hacker too

> ###  AS USUAL ###
> Ok? I'm waitin' for your comments.

it is fun !

> CU.
>
> <rejected>
>
> PS: Matt: can you adopt Java's style? K&R's indentation style, IMHO, is not

i will give my best ;) you are so right at all. Matt->messy();

> well-readable (for all users/developers) and breaks project's style.
> Thanks. Sorry for being so tedious... To be tedious is not my purpose...

stay like you are. You are right at all so you should say it as you did ;)

> :)))
>
> ASAP I'll test your new omtests release... :))) Two huge new machines for
> my Physics professor will arrive quickly... :)))

nice, your Prof must like openMosix too, eh ?