gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON>: C++ strings, references and a new short form

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON>: C++ strings, references and a new short format commands!
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 09:51:02 +0200

Ciao JP,

On Sonntag 25 Mai 2003 09:26, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I've reworked (a lot) gomd.cpp.
>
> 1)From now gomd.cpp uses C++ string instead of insecure C string (char*,
> char[], ...).
> We pay minimal overhead and we get morer readable and more secure code.
> Obviously I pass C++ string by references (no pointers).

very good!!
C++ strings are a lot safer then C char* :)
I exchanged it in openMosixview (mostly) some times ago too.

> 2)om_parseRequest() function now uses StringTokenizer instead of "old"
> ANSI-C strtok. (Mirko: no change in the diagram! :))) ).

:)

> 3)I've also added a new function to support a short-format for these
> commands: "help" and "quit". (Mirko: minimal change to the diagram. ASAP
> I'll send you the change)  So:
> help 1 == get help 1
> quit == get quit

yep, best

> 5)As requested:  help == get help == help 1 == get help 1.
> Ok?

yep :)

> 6)Moreover I'm working on arrows key emulation => some code must be
> fixed/reworked.
> Actually the only working history-mode option is lastrequest|lr|30.

this will be really smart !

> Waitin' for comments (as usual). :)

.. you are up early on sunday mornings ! ;)
thx for your enhancements.

> CU.
>
> <rejected>

ah, one more about the libgomd:
As it is already on our "plan" we want to provide a simple perl interface
to the gomd too. Like the libgomd it should contain a set of funcitons
which can be used easily in external-perl scripts .... maybe later
even a Perl-module ;)
As i have still those seg-faults with the libgomd client example
(curious, the code looks very ok to me) i will try to work also on this perl
stuff too.
Also the expect script/example i sent once will be a part of the
libgomd interface to shell-scritps

have a great weekend you all,

Matt
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

     .--.
    |o_o |
    |:_/ |
   //   \ \
 /'\_   _/`\  LINUX: the best text-adventure in the world