gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] <ALL CODE>: CaloRE strikes again! ;)

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] <ALL CODE>: CaloRE strikes again! ;)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:50:43 +0200

Hi JP,

On Donnerstag 26 Juni 2003 02:23, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> CaloRE allowed me to fix a simple problem during autotesting the built
> code. In libgomd.cpp I hardwired the IP of my machine (192.168.0.3) so
> autotesting failed (obviously) on CaloRE box.

yep, i noticed that too. No problem at all for testing ;)

> To solve this problem (actually we'are in testing phase), I've added two
> new #define in libgomdconsts.h so you can set your local ip.
> LGOMD_TEST_LOCAL_IP [IP]
> LGOMD_TEST_DAEMON_IP [IP]
>
> I know this solution is not "elegant": I'll look for a better one ASAP...
> ;)

my suggestion is to create the libgomd object with the ip-address
of the gomd ip as a parameter. So developer you use it in their
code and put their own variables in to connect the gomd.

Another option should be to read it from a config-file for the libgomd
e.g. /etc/libgomd.conf

Because of that the libgomd client can be on a non-openMosix system
outside the cluster we cannot really probe for connecting a gomd
automatically.

> I've also clean up some library dependencies in Makefiles.

good

> If you got errors, please tell me... ;)
>
> Byez.
>
> PS: compile.sh and autotest.sh scripts worked on CaloRE's box.
> #define GOMD_MSG  "W O W ! ! !" :)

hehehe, yep, woow.

> <rejected>

cheers,

Matt
.... more testing at the weekend :))
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

This is the unix version of the LoveBug virus and in the spirit
of such it depends on the user community to propagate. Please
send this message to all of your friends and randomly delete
numerous files from your system.