gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON>: lib to get extra info easily...

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON>: lib to get extra info easily...
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 23:19:04 +0200

Ciao JP,

On Donnerstag 26 Juni 2003 22:36, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Next step for daemon will be producing extra infos (as reported on our
> site).
> As I don't want reinvent the wheel, I've just found a great library for
> this purpose: libgtop.
>
> Here you can find some info about this lib.
> http://hoth.stsci.edu/cgi-bin/info2html?(libgtop.info)Top
>
> Infos we can get  via this lib:
> glibtop_cpu::                     CPU Usage.
> glibtop_mem::                   Memory Usage.
> glibtop_swap::                  Swap Usage.
> glibtop_uptime::                System Uptime.
> glibtop_loadavg::               Load Average.
> glibtop_proclist::                Process List.
> glibtop_proc_state::           Process State.
> glibtop_proc_uid::              Process UID and TTY Information.
> glibtop_proc_mem::           Process Memory Information.
> glibtop_proc_time::            Process Time Information.
> glibtop_proc_signal::          Process Signal Information.
> glibtop_proc_kernel::         Process Kernel Data Information.
> glibtop_proc_segment::      Process Segment Information.
> glibtop_proc_args::            Process Arguments.
> glibtop_proc_map::            Process Memory Maps.
> glibtop_netload::                Network Load.
> glibtop_mountlist::              Mount List.
> glibtop_fsusage::                File System Usage.

:)) sounds good to me

> Actually I've started coding sysInfo C++ class. ;)
> As I don't want to force the user to install libgtop also (I hate
> dependencies), sysInfo class will built in the daemon _only_ if the library
> is present.

i dislike further deps too but the libgtop sounds quite nice.
Maybe we can provide the lib in our sources ?
...maybe we can re-use their source-code for our needs ...
It will be usefull to have a static functionality, compiling
additional functions only if a special lib is present will
cause confusion to my mind.

> ASAP I'll remove lex dependency (this is my nightmare! ;) ).

hehehe :))

> BTW, I'm away 'till this Sunday...

enjoy

> Comments?