gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON> fixed huge bug || <LIBRARY> work started!

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON> fixed huge bug || <LIBRARY> work started!
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:27:27 +0200

Hey JP,

On Freitag 25 Juli 2003 00:37, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I've stopped the development of stats-o-matic generator for gomd to fix
> this giant bug signaled me by roeles (thanks a lot, roeles!).
> Checkout bug #5 in bug_history file (BTW, I've reworked the layout of this
> file to be more readable).

YEAH!!! too.

> Moreover I've started the work on libgomd. Now we have a generic getInfo()
> function that opens the conn, request the info and closes the conn.
> Next step will a function that opens the conn, uses and reuses the conn as
> needed, closes the conn.

good idea, so we do not need a pendant for every method in the gomd
but just a generic one which calls the method-number :)

> 1)DAEMON:
>
> <<CVS NOTES>
>
> NOTE: YEAH!!! (sorry but I'm really happy... ;) )

no need to be sorry. Be happy. The main motivation for this project.

> IN bugs_history
> (+) reworked the layout to be more readable
> (+) added note about the (fixed) bug #5 (thanks to roeles for SIGnaling me
> this bug and helping me to fix it)

thx to both of you :)

> IN connHandler.cpp
> (f) fixed the client-brutally-closes-the-conn bug in gomd (the daemon
> started leaking the memory and the used all the cpu time). See bug #5 in
> bugs_history file for more info.

> 2)LIBRARY
>
> <CVS NOTES>
>
> WARNING: before testing please modify this line accordingly to your gomd IP
> (will be fixed really soon! ;) )
> In lib/examples/examples/cppclient.cpp please change:
> lg->getInfo("192.168.0.3",9889,"get load 2" );
>
> IN libgomd.cpp/libgomd.h
> (N) now the open_conn/request_info/close_conn is moved in getInfo()
> (+) added new generic getInfo() function to request and get an info value
> from a gomd daemon
> (-) removed getLoad() function
>
> IN libiface
> (+) added getInfo() iface entry
> (-) removed getLoad() iface entry
>
> IN examples/cppclient.cpp
> (+) added call to new getInfo() function
> (-) removed getLoad() function call
>
> <rejected>

have a nice weekend,

Matt
.... will co soon
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

Multitasking: You can crash several programs all at once. No waiting!
Built-in Networking: You can crash several PC`s all at once.