gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] <LIBGOMD && LIB C++ EXAMPLE> Huge improvement: lingomd now

From: Gian Paolo Ghilardi
Subject: [gomd-devel] <LIBGOMD && LIB C++ EXAMPLE> Huge improvement: lingomd now works and gomd2gomd is near us!
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:30:53 +0200

Hi all.

Now we can open a conn with a daemon, ask as many infos as we want and
(finally) close the connection.
cppclient.cpp was modified to show you this new feature (two infos will be
required before shutting down the conn).

So gomd2gomd is near us (g2g coding will start ASAP)!

Byez.

<rejected>

<< CVS NOTES >>

NOTE: this release is really important because now we have the long-awaited
open_conn/request_a_lot_of_infos/close_conn sequence implemented (aka
"reuse-conn" feature).

IN lib/examples/cppclient.cpp
(+) updated to show the reuse-conn feature: two infos will be required to
the remote gomd daemon before closing the connection with it!

IN lib/netCode.h
(f) m_sender.close() moved to the destructor => so we can reuse the conn as
many times as we want before closing the connection! ;)

IN lib/Makefile
(+) create a simple soft link (LN)to the library (using a simpler name)

IN lib/libiface.h
(f) added missing virtual modifier to openConn() function

In lib/libgomd.cpp
(m) getInfoAndClose() now calls openConn(), getInfo() and closeConn() in
sequence (it is a kind of "atomic" function)