gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] Makefile?

From: rbaardman
Subject: [gomd-devel] Makefile?
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 20:46:11 +0200

Hi _rejected_ ,

As you prolly recall I couldn't compile gomd last time I was testing. The
1st problem I had was an error 127. I think this means the desired target
is not found.
When I removed all the .o extensions in gomd/daemon/Makefile line 11
(OBJECTS), it wasn't make who gave the error but my compiler. Since I use
the latest version of commoncpp(1.0.13), I
guess it has to do with finding it's headerfiles. My compiler, g++ in this
case, couldn't find the file cc++/socket.H. When I looked the file up with
locate it was in /usr/local/include/cc++2/(cc++/socket.h)
So what I did was add -I/usr/local/include/cc++2/ -
I/usr/local/include/cc++2/cc++ to the INCFLAGS (line 9) in the same
makefile. Unfortunately, it is not using this when it is trying to compile
the target (gomdSearcher in my case).
My guess is that the Makefile has to contain a rule to make these objects
(make automatically adds .cpp or .c to it afaik).
What make runs is "CC LDFLAGS $TARGET.cpp -o $TARGET" (WHERE CC and LDFLAGS
are found in the Makefile and $TARGET is gomdSearcher in my case).
I cannot find this combination anywhere in this makefile and thus I
conclude that make somehow decides on his own to run this. My guess, as
said, is that you'll have to specify a rule for making these objects in
order to make gcc/c++/g++ include the /usr/local/include/cc++2 path using -
I.

Now, I don't have lots of experience with makefile's so I would like to
invite other people to check CVS out and try aswell and look at it.

cheers,

Roeles

2x sneller ADSL met Zon Breedband Family. In combinatie met ZonTel
nu voor maar 29 euro per maand. Bestel nu op www.zonnet.nl/breedband
Bovendien met gratis modem en geen aansluitkosten!