gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] Re: <BUG> library installation

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: [gomd-devel] Re: <BUG> library installation
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:10:15 +0200

Ciao JP,

On Samstag 23 August 2003 12:07, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Maybe I've found a solution.
>
> - I've just created a new installation script, install.sh, (that checks for
> root privileges).
>   So you can compile as normal user but if you want to install gomd you'll
> need root privileges to run  properly ./install.sh
> - Moreover ./compile.sh has a new cmd line option "--with-libgtop" => the
> program will use Makefile.with_libgtop directly, without asking anything.
>   Useful for automated compilation (like ebuilds).

:)

> - Gomd now is installed and run from /usr/bin.

:)

> - Conf files are installed in new /etc/gomd directory.

:)
good changes

>   This break autotests (because gomd searches files in /etc/gomd and not in
> the source directories => gomd must be installed => this bug will be solved
> ASAP).

i suggest to install first, then test

> - README file was updated to reflect the changes.
>
> CVS code is updated.
>
> I need comments/criticisms/hints/...
>
> Byez.
>
> PS: roeles: I know some infos are duplicated. But this fact allows users to
> use gomd even if oM is not installed/started... ;)

ok, this is a good reason to stay with it ...................  also thought
about it already if we also can run the gomd on non-OM nodes  ;))
Great if we can !!

> <rejected>

enjoy,

Matt

--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com
an openMosix-cluster management GUI

The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.