gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] <CW_TOOLS> cluster-wide (un)installation for gomd/libgomd

From: Gian Paolo Ghilardi
Subject: [gomd-devel] <CW_TOOLS> cluster-wide (un)installation for gomd/libgomd
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:13:21 +0200

Hi all.

Here we go. :)

Before going to vacation, I've a new feature for you all... ;)
>From now daemon and library _can_ be cluster-wide installed/uninstalled via
oMFS.

In daemon || library directory:
- type "make cw_install" for install
- type "make cw_uninsatll" for uninstall

Please notice compile.sh script still installs/uninstalls code locally (for
security reasons).

To do this I've coded some small cluster-wide-extended "versions" of cp, rm,
chmod and mkdir.
These shell scripts were placed in new contrib/shell/cw_tools directory
(so the whole oM community can take benefit from.them.. ;) )

I think this is the first app using oMFS for cluster-wide install/uninstall
=> gomd rulez! ;)

PS: Matt can you add a reference to these scripts in your oM APIs page?
As you're our (great) PR, can you post a mail on oM Mailing Lists with a
link to teh tools?
(BTW, remember gomd uses them to cluster-wide install/uninstall).

Byez.

<rejected>

<< CVS NOTES >>

1)DAEMON

NOTE: new cluster-wide install/uninstall mechanism (used new script included
in contrib/shell/cw_tools)
IN Makefile.no_libgtop/Makefile.with_libgtop
(+) added cluster wide install/uninstall support! (type make cw_install for
install; type make cw_uninstall to uninstall)
(+) make (cw_)install requires the the build of the daemon

2)CW_TOOLS (scripts)

NOTE: cluster-wide tools (aka "cw_tools").
Used to cluster-wide install/uninstall the daemon (gomd) and the library
(libgomd)

IN cw_chmod
(+) cluster-wide extended version of std *nix chmod program

IN cw_cp
(+) cluster-wide extended version of std *nix copy program

IN cw_mkdir
(+) cluster-wide extended version of std *nix mkdir program

IN cw_rm
(+) cluster-wide extended version of std *nix rm program

IN INFO
(+) preliminar import of INFO file