gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] Re: <CW_TOOLS> cluster-wide (un)installation for gomd/libgo

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: [gomd-devel] Re: <CW_TOOLS> cluster-wide (un)installation for gomd/libgomd
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 09:42:44 +0200

Hey JP, Matt again,

a small feature request for those cw_tools ;)

Since all those scripts are based on oMFS there are basically
(about) 3, ..eh 4 situations :
- oMFS is enabled and mounted
- oMFS is enabled but not mounted
- oMFS is disabled
- running a non openMosix kernel -> no oMFS

....so to my mind those scripts should first check if it is an
openMosix kernel. Then grep in /proc/filesystems if oMFS
is supported by the kernel. After that they should "find" the
oMFS mount-point
(since it can be mounted everywhere, not only under /mfs)
e.g. by grepping the df output.
If oMFS is supported but not mounted the scripts also can create a temporary
mount-point, mount it, install gomd clusterwide and umount it again
(since the user decides if he/she wants to use oMFS or not)

....... just to make this nice feature more robust ;)))

enjoy,

Matt

--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

The power of computing is amplified by penguins.  :)