gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] <DAEMON>: (updated) .plan

From: Gian Paolo Ghilardi
Subject: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON>: (updated) .plan
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 21:48:32 +0200

Hi all.

First of all, I've just reworked the shell output format (more readable,
IMHO).

BTW I'm studying (yes: studying) to implement the Black Hole Detection.
As I don't like simple treesholds (because they are "aseptic" and prone to
false positives), I'd like to build a small and quick Fuzzy Logic engine to
get the _real_ status of the cluster including malfunctioning nodes
detection (aka "black holes").
FL is not so difficult => we've only to define rules (based on a small,
finite set of selected parameters) instead of using value-based threesholds.
We have a finite number of rules to control the whole BHD mechanism.

As this is my first attempt with FL, I can guarantee nothing but I'd like to
walk this way... :)

Param that can be used:
- cpu, hdd, chipset temperatures (via lmsensors)
- load status
- SMART status (hdd integrity check)
- ...

Any comment/help/suggestion is welcome.

Byez.

<rejected>

<< CVS NOTES >>

IN *.cpp
(+) cosmetics => reworked shell output format