gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON>: (updated) .plan

From: Gian Paolo Ghilardi
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON>: (updated) .plan
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 21:02:02 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthias Rechenburg" <address@hidden>
<address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2003 3:18 PM

> thanks for the explanation :) now i got it .... and like it too.
You're welcome, Matt!
I hope not to appear "arrogant"... :)))

Obviously I need the help of the whole gomd team because Black Hole
Detection could be the killer-feature for the project.
If the gomd FL stuff succeded, this would open new (devel) unexplored
ways... ;)

As BHD require an huge effort, in the meantime I'd want to implement the
latest pre-beta feature:
secured cluster-wide comamnd execution (SCX).
My idea: enable user to execute a command on the whole cluster.
Obviously the user can execute _only_ a small number of commands (included
in a list stored ina file) and the feature is subjected to the ACL check
mechanism.
The file (maybe the acl.conf file itself) contains comamnds in a special
format:
COMMANDS:ACL_PERMISSIONS_REQUIRED
Obviously if gomd will be launched with root perms the user will be able to
execute cool cmds like a cluster-wide "reboot"... :)

I need comments.

PS: thanks to all for your help, support and contribution.
I appreciate this. Definitely! :)

PS#2: roeles is working on java2gomd. Wow! :)

<rejected>