gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] Fwd: New Quantian release 0.3.9.2 available

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: [gomd-devel] Fwd: New Quantian release 0.3.9.2 available
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:20:14 +0200

Hi again,

read below.
the gomd will be also on the next Quantian release ;)))
thanks to Dirk !

cheers,

Matt

Subject: New Quantian release 0.3.9.2 available
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:28:11 -0500
From: Dirk Eddelbuettel <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

[ This email is sent to those whose email addresses are in my quantian
  folder based on prior emails, plus LWN and DWN who had run previous
  announcements, and suggested, the openmosix-general and clusterknoppix
  lists. Anybody who considers this unwanted, please send me a private
  mail and I will immediately remove the corresponding alias entry. --edd ]

Thanks for your feedback on Quantian 0.3.9.1. I made a follow-up release
0.3.9.2 based on the same clusterKnoppix pre-release -- see the usual

        http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian.html

for the links to the iso images at U of Washington and U of Wisc/Madison.

0.3.9.2 adds (in alphabetical order)

 o ent, a test program for random number generators
 o felt, an finite element package
 o gap-character-tables to complete the gap cas
 o giac, another cas; the package also includes the x11 frontend xcas
 o ipe, a drawing/graphics editor
 o kile, a KDE environment for LaTeX
 o lush, a Lisp numerics shell
 o mpb, the MIT Photonic Bands
 o rpy, an interface to from Python to GNU R
 o tcl/tk extra widget packages iwidgets4, bwidget, tktable
 o texmacs-fonts, but it looks like texmacs still re-computes fonts
 o wajig, a simplied/unified Debian package management frontend
 o x12a, the US Census x-12-arima time series tool (used by GNU Gretl)

but also removes

 o grass (88mb before grass data is added, Debian package outdated, newer
   package no longer on website)
 o telnetd-ssl as there was some configuration error; ssh if course still
   included

0.3.9.2 is as before based on Klaus' 2003-09-05 Knoppix release, kernel
2.4.22, and openmosix for 2.4.22.

Next, I will use the now released clusterKnoppix 3.2_2003-09-05_cl1 to make
a test release 0.3.9.3 -- this will include gomd and chpox which Wim added.
Either 0.3.9.3 (or, if needed) a bug-fix release 0.3.9.4 should then turn
into Quantian 0.4. I hope to have 0.3.9.3 out by Tuesday.

Thanks,  Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx

E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com
an openMosix-cluster management GUI