gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] gomd-packaging

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] gomd-packaging
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 22:20:36 +0200

Ciao JP,

On Samstag 20 September 2003 01:42, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> Hi Matt.
>
> Thanks. Script updated and cleaned up.
> Checkout the new version of buildrpm.sh script from CVS.
>
> Please test the script on both RedHat and SuSE. Thanks again. ;)

tested on redhat 8.0 and suse 8.2, on redhat it works, on suse there
are some minor issues to fix ;)
- on suse there is not libgtop-2.0 but a libgtop
- on suse the libs/includes are in /opt/gnome/lib+include
- suse does not have "rpmbuild" but just "rpm"

what i did was to adjust the buildrpm.sh to use just "rpm" for
building the suse-package instead of "rpmbuild".
In Makefile.with_libgtop i included /opt/gnome/include to the INCFLAGS.
For the libs it is not that easy but i created a small check in the
Makefile so that if linking against libgtop-2.0 failed it tries to link
against libgtop. ..... and voila, it works :)

Attached you find an updated Makefile.with_libgtop and buildrpm.sh.

> Byez.
>
> <rejected>

howdy,

Matt