gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] <DAEMON> [open]mosix.map support for the daemon

From: Gian Paolo Ghilardi
Subject: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON> [open]mosix.map support for the daemon
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:34:05 +0200

Hi Matt.

> > As requested on openmosix-devel, I'm working on [open]mosix.map support
> > avoid autodiscovery when possible).
>
> yep, i saw ... and i am still asking myself why not just use the nodelist
you
> already have in the gomd ?
> I would suggest to depend on the openMosix kernel for now and then
> you know all nodes which may run the gomd (-> all nodes in the cluster)
> Anyways maybe i am missing something but i do not think we should
> start to support what is being deprecated already (the om-map file)
Yes, but...
- omdiscd sometimes doesn't map exactly a node-id to an ip (i.e. 10.0.0.5 ->
node #5).
- omdiscd doen't support complex topology.
- lots of users still use the om-map file (I can assure you that).

The om-map support is made by a few lines of code (because this uspport uses
the structure already implemented) so, why don't implement it? ;)

Byez.

<rejected>