gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] My level of envolvement in gomd

From: Johnny Cache
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] My level of envolvement in gomd
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:26:05 -0600 (CST)

Hehe, I just realized it might be useful to include the releveant text in
my resume:

gomd: gomd stands for Generic Open Mosix Daemon. After releasing 3dmosmon
and its associated daemon that serves cluster statistics across the
network I ran into many people in the OM community who had solved the same
problem (with obviously incompatible means). We all decided that there
should be a centralized standardized mean to accomplish this and gomd is
the result. Gomd also does many other small OM related tasks, and is
expected to be merged into the standard OpenMosix userland tools at some
time.