gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] <DAEMON>: chpox support: single thread with queue of pendin

From: Gian Paolo Ghilardi
Subject: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON>: chpox support: single thread with queue of pending dump-requests
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 23:29:07 +0100

Hi all (again).

Now I think I'm exaggerating => sorry...;)

Just committed a new major update for chpox support.
We're at a good point, now. :)

Now the chpoxSupport class is a thread with a queue of pending
dump-requests.
You can invoke lots of dumps => the thread will execute them in a quick+safe
way.

Now we have to produce a "smart" format to require explicitly a dump.
I thiought about: "exec chp PID".
Comments?

Byez.

<rejected>

PS for Matt: no problem! Your duties first! :)))

<< CVS NOTES >>

NOTE: new import for chpoxSupport class (now it's a thread with queue of
pending dump-requests)

IN chpoxSupport.h/chpoxSupport.cpp
(N) now the class is a thread with a queue of pending proc dumps.
So there ia a single thread that accepts proc-dump calls and executes them
in the safest way possible.
(+) added run() function => here is placed the thread stuff.
(+) added appendToPendingDumpsQueue() => used to append a new dump request
to the pending-dumps list (the thread periodically checks this list and
executes the dumps)

IN csCollector.cpp
(m) modified testRegisterProcess() => now we invoke 5 insertions in
proc-dump queue.

IN utils.h/utils.cpp
(f) fixed execCommandAndGetChildOutput() function => this function made the
child procs to defunct. Now it's safe. Thanks to Advanced Linux Programming
book (free book at http://www.advancedlinuxprogramming.com)