gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] <STRESS TEST> Success!

From: Gian Paolo Ghilardi
Subject: [gomd-devel] <STRESS TEST> Success!
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 14:05:50 +0100

Hi all.

Just performed two stress tests (using expect-base getInfo.sh shell script).

[Test #1 (changed)]:
MACHINE: ATHLON XP 1700+
REQUESTS: 2000 x "get load"
TIME BETWEEN REQUESTS: 2 secs (sleep time)
RESULT: PASSED

[Test #2]:
MACHINE: PIII 500
REQUESTS: 1000 x "get load"
TIME BETWEEN REQUESTS: 0 secs (no delay!)
RESULT: PASSED

I've noticed a strange behaviour launching the gomd in GDB.
As GDB traps SIGNALS, closed connHandlers (==threads killed) appear in
TOP/PS like ZOMBIE entries ("... Z ... gomd <defunct>").
Obviously this situation doens't appear if you launch gomd without GDB (and
the massive test #2 reported _no_ defunct gomd procs/threads).
Maybe commoncpp's Tread::exit() call is trapped by GDB so the threads hang.
As they are not properly killed.

I've cleaned up connHandler class (added thread Cancelation call and a check
to verify if the object is correctly killed) but this problem still happens
with GDB.

Any idea?

Byez.

<rejected>

PS: maybe this happen as I'm using new GDB 6.0 (notice the 0). ;)