gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] java2gomd progress report

From: rbaardman
Subject: [gomd-devel] java2gomd progress report
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:02:36 +0100

Hi all,

It has been quite a while since I first started what was
called "java2gomd". I am beginning to see the roundup for version 1.0pre
comming now. Version 1.0 will contain an OO API for java developers to use
for easily accessing Gomd features. A few things 1.0 will have are:

- completely OO enviroment
- Exception Handling and Throwing
- Centralised Filtering code, providing effortless adding of new info's
- JavaDoc

For version 2.0 I have thusfar planned the following:
- GUI monitors (with drag 'n drop info. drag an info from a node to a
monitor and the monitor will get that info in a user-specified interval)
- Bandwith control (atm consumes like 2 kb/sec, so not a real problem)
- j2me compatibility (if not already compatible)
- $YOUR_REQUEST

After version 1.0pre it'll go through a stage of bugfixing. After 1.0 is
out there, requests for 2.0 will be welcome.

The first commit I will make is 1.0pre, since I don't want ppl to get
confused by changing API's (since I am only cleaning up all the code atm).

cheers for now,

Roel "roeles" Baardman

Snel en voordelig ADSL nu voor iedereen bereikbaar.
Zon Breedband Budget voor EUR 14,95 per maand.
Nu tijdelijk geen aansluitkosten. Bestel snel op zonnet.nl/breedband