gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON>: devel status

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON>: devel status
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 20:27:36 +0000

Hey JP,

On Sonntag 30 November 2003 23:51, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> As I told you, these days I was really busy baecause of I was organizing
> the LinuxDay at my Univesrity. The event got some success and now I'll be

congrats :) nice to hear.

> able to start coding gomd again.
>
> My first job will be to complete chpox stuff.
> Basic stuff works.
>
> Now I've to create a mechanism to restart dumped procs afetr a system
> crash. Any hint?

i suggest to have a "manual" restart method first e.g. the gomd
could provide a list of all available dumps and then you can choose
one for restart/restore.
Then we can just take the latest dump and try to restore it after a
system-crash .....
.....maybe after checking if the process ran before
   -> there is a cache file for the registered processes as i remember.
(as usual just my mind)

> CU.
>
> <rejected>
<snip>

all the best,

Matt
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

Since I have learned from my mistakes, why do I not know everything?